Google Data Studio – Conditional formatting on table chart for e-commerce funnel by product
The 24th of October, Google Data Studio team launched conditional formatting. You will find a video overview on my blog. Now, it is time to play with this new feature for e-commerce purposes, using Google Analytics enhanced e-commerce data.
Let’s create a table displaying products list with related funnel performance through the following metrics:
- Product detail views
- Adds to cart
- Unique purchases
And, the related intermediary rate metrics to follow transitions between each e-commerce stage.
Full video configuration
The video below shows how to configure your simple table to look like to funnel lines with step blocks and related rates using simple tricks:
- Centering metrics columns values
- Just for fun & see how conditional formatting feature works, Conditional formatting with constant valid rules to apply a color background to all cells (rows and lines)
- Change of the colors of specific columns with conditional formatting with constant valid rules fo rate metrics (white)
- “Real” conditional formatting of rate metrics to follow the performance (red and orange here)
- Lines drawing for steps transitions